It’s been over 150 years since the battle of Knoxville, one of the most sharply divided cities during the civil war. Occupied by both sides with recruiting offices set up on Gay Street on the same day, Knoxville was home to spies, street fights, and family feuds that outlasted the war.
Visit the downtown sites and then get an overview of the battles and fortifications from the observation deck of the Sunsphere.
- The Occupation—
- The Battle of Ft Sanders—
- Divided families, betrayals, miracle shots, and more—
- Proceeds help support The Knoxville History Project
- ~90 minutes
- Meet on the porch of the East Tennessee History Center, 601 S. Gay Street
- Reservations required (book tickets below or call 865-309-4522)
- Adults: $15
- Children 6-12: $10
- Group rates available
Contact us about other dates and group tours.
Tours available by appointment for groups as small as four adults.
Call 865-309-4522 to schedule a tour.